Terms of Service for Oderings Landscaping Christchurch
This website and information contained herein is provided in good faith and is intended as a general summary of information, services and an overview to our operations.
- Quotations are free,within city limits (including Rolleston and Lincoln). Charges may apply beyond these areas.
- A quote is valid for 60 days from the date issued.
- A quote is also subject to a final measure of work areas.
- To accept a quote, respond via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you accept this quote, you understand and agree to these terms and conditions and you are confirming that you are contracting Oderings Landscaping to undertake the services described in this quotation on the terms set out below and that you have the authority to have these services carried out on the property described.
- Once accepted, our time frame to complete this work will be advised but may be subject to change.
- The price or prices provided for in the quotation include GST.
- Dump fees are an estimate only. Any additional charges incurred for dumping will be invoiced out at our standard dumping rates.
- Amendments to the services described and the price provided in the quotation must be made in writing and agreed on by both parties through a signed variation.
- Oderings Landscaping believes in the significance of client satisfaction, quality-based management and a culture of progressive development within the company. Achieving client and company satisfaction is underpinned on the following values;
- To provide the most appropriate solutions to clients through assessment of their needs and demands and consultation.
- To comply with contractual, legislative, regulatory and other requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- To act responsibly in line with best practices of local governance, with transparency, projecting a positive and progressive image.
- Provide Safe & Healthy working conditions and environment at our workplace by creating safe work practices, attitudes and procedures, among our employees.
- To safeguard the safety and health of the public near our projects including the protection of the environment against pollution of the waterways, air space and ground.
- Polite and Courteous – we are privileged to be entrusted with your work and respect your property in which we are working on. Before we start a job, our staff will always introduce themselves. Our staff are very considerate and will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
- Your Satisfaction – if you are not completely happy with the finished service, we will do our utmost to satisfy your concerns, working towards an outcome that is acceptable to both parties.
Terms of payment
- Invoices are sent to you on completion of work and are due within 7 days unless agreed differently.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required prior to work commencing.
- Invoices are to be paid, in full, by the date advised on the invoice. This is 7 days from receiving the invoice.
- Invoices are sent to the Quote Recipient who accepted the Quote and therefore, our Terms and Conditions. Any changes to the billing or change to the contact who is paying the account, must be advised to Oderings Landscaping, on acceptance of our Quote.
- You shall not be entitled to withhold any part of the payment or deduct any amounts off the invoice without prior written approval from Oderings Landscaping.
- All goods/materials remain the property of Oderings Landscaping until payment is received in full.
- Please retain your invoice for your proof of landscaping services undertaken.
- Accounts not paid in full by the due date may incur interest at 12% per annum (calculated daily) until payment is received in full.
- Oderings landscaping reserves the right to forward unpaid accounts to a third-party debt collection agency and recoup any associated costs
Returns & refunds
- Due to the nature of our products/services Oderings Landscaping will not process a refund for change of mind.
- Damage to any underground services such as pipes or cables (water, power, telecom etc) shall be the responsibility of the property owner unless the exact location of such services is supplied to Oderings Landscaping. A cable location service can be provided if required, at an additional cost.
- Oderings Landscaping will carry out our best practices when planting new plants. Once plants are in the ground it is the responsibility of the homeowner to ensure these plants are maintained for healthy growth.
- Whilst all care will be taken, where cutting saw and grinding blades are used, damage to property i.e. fences, windows, buildings are the owners responsibility.
- Fence, gate and/or post installations are based on unobstructed ground. Unforeseen obstructions may incur extra charges.
- Fence timber whether wet or dry has a shrinkage factor, this shrinkage is out of Oderings Landscaping's control and therefore Oderings Landscaping cannot be held accountable for shrinkage of timber and in turn does not accept this as a reason not to complete payment.
- On any timber work constructed by Oderings Landscaping, it is not Oderings Landscaping's responsibility if it warps or bows due to any outside matters. Oderings Landscaping will not be held responsible for replacing these materials, unless agreed upon by Oderings Landscaping.
- The owner accepts full responsibility for their driveways and paths and understands that to carry out work specified in the contract, it may be necessary to use heavy machinery that could cause damage to driveways or pathways. The contractor will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages caused to driveways, pathways or other property.
- The owner accepts full responsibility for identifying and warrening their services (water, sewage, gas, power and phone lines) and understands that to carry out work specified in the contract, it may be necessary to use digging machinery (e.g. post hole borer) that could cause damage to their services. The contractor will not be held liable to you or any third party for any damages caused to the services if these services are not clearly warrened.
- While the contractor will carry out best practice methods in placing concrete, Oderings Landscaping cannot guarantee that the concrete will not be disturbed due to factors out of their control, once the concrete has been placed it is the owners responsibility to ensure that the concrete is not disturbed for the time period stated by the contractor. Concrete can move which may cause cracking regardless of expansion cuts or mesh in the slab, this is out of our control, and Oderings Landscaping are not responsible for replacing any concrete due to this factor.
- While the contractor will carry out best practice methods in ground preparation, levelling of topsoil and seeding grass. Oderings Landscaping cannot guarantee the survival of the grass seed and will not be liable for any financial reimbursement for the cost of the ground preparation, levelling of topsoil and seeding grass. Oderings Landscaping cannot guarantee that the levelling of topsoil will remain level in the advent of any acts of nature (i.e. heavy rain), if this does occur there may be an additional charge to rectify. Seed that is washed away by rain or over watering is not the responsibility of Oderings Landscaping, reseeding will incur additional charges.
- Despite best practice and good quality soil weeds will often emerge. Eradication of weeds is not the responsibility of Oderings landscaping – additional charges will apply.
- When laying pavers, colour variances are beyond our control. Pavers can change in colour due to weathering and outdoor environments. Oderings Landscaping will not be responsible for any discolouration or mottling due to this factor.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to define all boundaries.
- Investigation of Private Covenants and Boundaries shall be the responsibility of the Client and Oderings Landscaping shall not be liable to you or to any third party for a breach of any such Covenant or Boundary.
- All warranties and representations including those expressed or implied by law in respect of the services supplied are excluded to the extent permitted by law. Oderings Landscaping shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind and Oderings Landscaping’s total liability in relation to the services supplied is limited to refunding the price paid for the services.
- Where you are acquiring the services for business purposes, the Consumer Guarantees Act shall not apply.
- You understand that information given by you to Oderings Landscaping will be held by Oderings Landscaping and used by Oderings Landscaping in fulfilling its obligations in respect of the services and may be used to offer you other services provided by Oderings Landscaping. You may ask for access to, and request correction of, any of your personal information held by Oderings Landscaping.
- Act of God - any Acts of God that damage any service/product offered by Oderings Landscaping void any warranty offered by Oderings Landscaping due to the extreme nature of these events. Oderings Landscaping cannot be expected to repair/replace under warranty any service/product offered prior to the Act of God.
- The client agrees that oderings landscaping may take photos at the site and use these for promotional purposes.